Dave Mackie Megasphere 95" Kit 99-06 Twin Cam
Dave Mackie Mega-Sphere 107
The Mega-Sphere™ is a 360° squish head and piston design from Dave Mackie Engineering (DME). The DME 20° piston is made using JE or CP Pistons premium forgings. It is a 20° full dome piston that is dished in the center. The piston dish and the shape of the head combine to form a near spherical combustion chamber at top dead center. The 360° squish band is created by machining the stock flat squish area of the head to an angle slightly greater than 20°. This forms a megaphone or wedge shaped squish area. This Mega-Sphere™ design forces the fuel/air mixture up into the sphere and toward the spark plug rather than forcing some mixture inward and the rest sideways or outward to the cylinder wall like a flat/parallel squish area does. The result is the most efficient combustion chamber for complete burning of the fuel/air mixture which means maximum power and economy. Frequently customers tell us that their fuel mileage is actually better than stock.
DME headwork has been ranked with the absolute best in the industry for decades. The process begins with CNC shaping of the ports to get the ultimate shape every time. Each port then receives either a high polish or atomization finish. A combination of multi-angle and radius valve job is then done on air float Sunnen equipment. Assembly is done with all premium parts and each head is vacuum tested.
- Port, Polish, Competition ready head work with compression releases
- Highflow Black Valves with Bronze guide
- .600 Lift Capable Hi Performance Springs
- Bore, Hone, Torque to 95" to fit DME Piston
- DME/JE Dished Dome Megasphere Pistons (3.875 x 1.265)
- 875 .030 Head Gasket
- Legendary DME 590 Chain Drive Cams
- Compression Releases
- Shape and atomize Intake Manifold
- (Core Exchange available on some Models and Colors)